Sunday, September 26, 2010

Update!!!

Hey everyone! I guess I haven't really told you much about my actual progress lately... so here it goes... ha...

First though! I have some update pictures! :)




I am so happy with my new smile, and I can hardly wait to get my braces off! I cannot believe it is all over! I mean I feel like I was just saying "9 more months!" It's crazy... when you are going through it- it feels like foreveeeer, but once you make it past the first few weeks, it seems like a distant memory.
I have been doing pretty well... I have 85% of my feeling back... All I need is for the nerves in my chin to come, but I can tell they are getting better, they tingle when I touch my chin... ha.
I have been wearing rubber-bands, fine tuning my bite... They are pretty thick, and they are moving my molars in the back, they make my teeth pretty sore, but not too bad... they are just annoying more than anything...
One thing I find extremely amusing is that the sizes of rubber bands are based on animals, so every time I go to the ortho I am like, "Soooo... I am I still wearing Impalas or am I going down to Pandas?" I sure do get a kick out of it...

I hope you are all doing awesome! Let me know how you are! Where are you in your journey? Anything you wanna know? Ask?

Love, Makay

5 comments:

  1. You know I have never heard that? I look at it as a form of exercise... but maybe I should look into it more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is literally flying by! You look great! I can't wait for the braces to come off either--they're impeding on my new perfect smile hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you had your splint come off, how was your chewing? I feel like I still cannot chew anything. I had it taken out last week. I am still getting used to my new smile and am enjoying it. But I would love to be able to chew. I am no longer wearing any elastics either so I am glad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantanstic! I want animal elastics lol :) mine are named after colours (boring!)! I am nearly at the 7 week point now and I'm still not chewing my food. When did you start chewing and go back to a more normal diet and did you have permission from your orthodontist/surgeon?

    Thanks
    Spphie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. my first rubberbands were tortoises....now they're sea lions. haha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)