Thursday, April 5, 2012

Has My Blog Helped You?

Hey all of my wonderful followers! I just want you to know that I have really made an effort to help you all in your jaw/teeth journeys.   

That being said I have really have been doing well this year... there have been no real issues... other than what I'm about to tell you all about. 




As you can see everything LOOKS okay... 

But something happened that could potentially cause a set-back... 

My retainers were thrown away. 

Yep. 

True story. 

I went to my orthodontist yesterday and to replace both it is going to cost a total of $250! 

I most certainly do not have $250... 

I'm a poor kid. Forreals. AND my parents aren't helping me out... not at all. 

That being said... I have already been without a retainer for a month and I can feel my top palate relapsing and collapsing in.... (It was widened if you forgot...) 

I REALLY need a new retainer... 

So I thought, why don't I just ask my loyal and followers, who I have helped so much and who have helped me if they would be willing to donate $5, $10, $20 and up? 

Who doesn't have $10 they could spare? 

SO here is what I'm asking: 

If you are willing to help me secure the funds to replace my retainers so this entire blog and process (braces, surgery, etc) was not for nothing? 

If you can donate ANYTHING (even $1) please do... please be as generous as you can. 

(Click Paypal below.)

I will be sure to post again when I have enough money... 

Thank you soooooooo much!!!! 















-Makay

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Your whole blog has helped me so much! Thank you so much for it! I'm getting my surgery on May 25 this year! When I first heard about it, I was so excited; but now that the time I coming closer, I'm actually quite nervous! Of course I won't let many people know that :P If I can, I'll try to help you with your retainer! I havent got one yet, but I'm sure it must be horrible to have lost it! I'll be praying that you get a new one asap! I do have a question or two though if you don't mind- 1) how long do you have to wear the retainer for? & 2) do you get a plain colored retainer, or can you choose the color? Can you see it when you have it in & you're talking? I'll keep you in my prayers!

    Your blog follower,
    Kayla-Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makay,
    Your blog has helped me to make the decision to have the surgery. Thank you for sharing your experiences!
    I do hope that your situation turns around!
    I don't have much as I don't work right now, but I figure it's better than nothing, right?
    I tried your paypal donate button, but somehow it gives me an error. Let me know what I can try!

    ES

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting story. I am sorry to hear that you lost your retainer. It is extremely common and happens way to often. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to raise the $250 to replace it. Once you do replace it, I would recommend that instead of a retainer case you should try Retainer Clips. They sell for less than $10 and keep you from losing that costly retainer. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You look so good! Just came across your blog from another one.. and it makes me want to get my braces sooner instead of putting it off like I have been.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)