Saturday, May 8, 2010

Exactly 2 Months...

2 months from today I will be undergoing my bi-jaw surgery. I am extremely eager to just "get 'er done" I am tired of waiting, and prepping... and ESPECIALLY worrying. I think that it is going to be tough, but well worth the fabulous smile come August when school starts. I have a feeling I will get loads of compliments on my looks... and weird looks... like what is different? haha. I can not wait to lose this insecurity that has been around since I was 8...

I am ready to get this little green monster off my back.

With that being said... an update? okay. Nothing has really changed, I mean my braces are still no thrill, but they are getting me closer, so why should I complain? My next ortho appointment is going to be molds... "YEEHAH!" haha. They are surgery molds and they will show how my jaw will be positioned after surgery. I hope I get to see. :)

I know I have my 1st pre-op appointment in June... so... I will bring coverage on that too.

Am I talking to myself? I feel like I am... Please leave me some questions to answer... these posts are getting a little redundant...

So that is all... here is a generic "update picture". ha.


some funnnn.... please guys... ask me something... I am getting a little bored here...





Okay guys... so what do you have for me? Ideas... questions... comments... something??? Haha

-makay

9 comments:

  1. Here's my question: how is it possible to be as pretty as you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice
    dont worry every thing will be okay with time,

    my questions are
    1.what is your ambition (aim) ?
    how you will reach it ?

    2.have seen any change in past 6 six months in your daily duties?

    3.how many plants are there in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have questions for you, but I wanted to tell you about my weird insecurity issues AFTER surgery. Before surgery I had a wicked overbite and gummy smile which I HATED and felt really insecure about and thought I would automatically LOVE my face after jaw surgery... instad, it's taken me a LONG TIME to get used to it and like it. I know to other people (and academically I know it's a more aesthetically pleasing face) it looks great... but I felt pretty awful about it for a long time. Now, I'm glad I did it and would totally do it over again, but I wanted you to have a little bit of warning jUST IN CASE that happens to you - you'll know it's totally normal!

    2 months will fly by. I know the year up to my surgery crawled by... and then suddenly it was 2 months before and everything took off. Good luck - I'll be here reading every word :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Makay,

    Those 2 months will FLY by believe me. I can remember being at that point and it does not seem that long ago!

    I have a tips on how you might occupy yourself between now and then. First, the worry will only get worse so you might want to learn a few simple breathing and meditation techniques - I used them to keep me calm right before and after and i'm sure they stopped me freaking out. Second, start stockpiling books and dvds you really want to read/watch, gives you a nice treat to look forward to right after surgery. And finally, keep focusing on that final result - you're going to look faboulous so all this will be worth it. My jaw was a big source of insecurity and despite all the swelling I feel more confident already, and you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you Makay!! Two months will flyyyy by! Get lots of magazines and things to keep your mind off of your jaw and everything that will be going on. Maybe renting a season of one of your favorite shows. Also, I'd start googling different foods you can eat and come up with different creations...because I've heard lots of people get bored with the same food. If you're going to get protein shakes to have while you're jaw is recovering, I recommend Myoplex vanilla powder. I would stay away from the pre-mixed stuff and get the powder because you can make different types with the powder, for example adding a frozen strawberry, a banana, or even a spoon full of peanut butter. I have lot's of different recipes for vanilla protein powder...let me know if you want them. I'll gladly share!

    xoxo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makay, you're gonna do so great. I second everything Discantus said.

    You and I are about 10 years apart in age (I just turned 26 on May 2), and you are also the youngest jaw blogger I read. How did you and your family talk about going forward with this surgery? Were you always certain you wanted it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. I'm excited for you. But to be honest, I never noticed anything off. Then again I've never seen you in person. I still think you're beautiful though.. and you will be after as well. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey...iam also having jaw surgery in two months...iam really hoping this period goes by fast..iam anxious to get this over with..looking through the different blogs has been keeping me from freaking out...real soothing seeing someone at the same point in the treatment as iam..yes molds soon and those attractive surgical hooks

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)