Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An Add-On to the post Below...

To understand this post, you have to read the one below... just letting you know.

This is to answer a couple questions...

I am going into surgery bright and early 7:30 is when I am scheduled. I asked why so early and he said I am one of the biggest cases right now... so I have to be at the hospital by 6, which means I have to leave my house by 5... which means I am NOT going to sleep... haha. I can try, but I am not seeing that happen haha.

So if you can pray for me... please pray July 8th... specifically 7:30-12 (Times I will be in the O.R.) That whole day is going to be rough though.

Also I PROMISE I will blog the rough times and the good times... unlike many bloggers. I actually was discussing with my surgeon about the hospital, and wifi. And yes they have wifi... which means that I will be able to blog. He laughed at me and was like, "You may not feel up to it", but I was like " I have to at least let them know I am alive and well." haha. So don't worry I will be blogging ASAP. :)

And to answer a common question: What was the shot for? Well it is called "Epogin" and it was 2 shots... They go in your muscle so he used my shoulder, and I am just giving you heads up (something no one else did for me, haha) that it stings, and burns... It is not THAT bad, but it hurts, even though the doctor says it doesn't, and make sure you loosen up as much as possible, it is easier on a loose muscle.

Now the actual shot is for an increase in red blood cells, so that your chances for a blood transfusion go WAY down. Also, it promotes healing. Many pro athletes get it when they are injured.

I hope I answered all your questions. Feel free to let me know if you have more. I am more than glad to answer them. :)

MAKE SURE
to read the post below. All the info is there.

-Makay

10 comments:

  1. You're the first one I've heard of getting that shot...and I guarantee you, you will not feel up to blogging...you will pretty much be out of it probably until the next day. I didn't feel good enough to look at a computer for about 4 days and even then it was limited, for some reason it made me queasy. I hope everything goes well for you and I will be praying for you that day and the following days. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer. :) enjoy that food for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! MAKAY! Ahh, it's been so long! You're having surgery soon. WOOT WOOT! I am so excited for you.

    What have you been up to? Well, actually, I have been reading your blogs so I know what you're up to. Haha! I'm so lazy I haven't blogged in forever. BUT. I got..MY BRACES OFF!!!!!!!!! I will definitely need to blog about that soon..with pictures. Love it! You will be so happy once surgery is over and your braces are off. It feels incredible. :)

    Okay, I will check back soon to see if you replied. Bye girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I have never heard of anyone getting a shot..did you pay for some special treatment or something? Haha. Oh, and you'll be glad you have an early appointment. I had to wait till noon and I was sososo dehydrated from not being able to drink anything till midnight the night before.

    Okay, bye again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KELLLLLLLY! Omgosh! Girl blog again, pleassse haha. So good to hear from you! I am so excited, but a little nervous (to be expected though).

    AND YOU ARE SO LUCKYYYYY! I want my braces off now haha. And YES. you need to post some pics.

    I have no idea why I got a shot, but he does it with most of his patients he said.

    Anyways pleassse keep commenting on my blog after surgery. I am going to need some support. :)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo for choosing to blog the good and the bad, it really helps others and feels good to vent when you need to. I'll definitely be sending some words skywards for you for the 8th, but you won't need them I promise!

    An early surgery slot is good, I was a quivering wreck on my day so it's good to get that bit over asap. Also, the anticipation is by far the worst bit of this surgery, so you don't want to be sitting around thinking about it half the day.

    So I hope you're enjoying eating plenty of chocolate and cake while you still can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! Glad you got through it all. I luckily got to do all my pre-op stuff in my surgeons office so it only took about 3 hrs. I wont see the hospital until the day of my surgery! I also wasn't going to see my surgeon until then, which seems like a long time....my surgery isn't until the 22nd. But he wants me to come in again so he can meet my dad. I guess since my dad has never met him he doesn't want him freaking out the day of. Understandable. Best of luck on your surgery. I'll be thinking of you on the 8th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makay,

    I'm working at a camp this summer, and haven't had internet in nearly 3 weeks (this is my first day off...), so I just caught up on everything. Though I won't be able to comment again to wish you good luck, know that I will be thinking of (and praying for) you on the 8th! I'll check your blog as soon as I get another day off!!

    Remember to concentrate on how much better everything is going to be once this is over!

    Much Love and Best Wishes,
    Stefane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of info the last couple of days in your blogs...everyone here in the Burg will be praying and pulling for you...we all love you..I will be there with you and for you...much love Ree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this post. My husband is preparing himself to have this surgery and it is the first time we have heard of the Epogin shot and we will TOTALLY be asking for it!

    Cheers,

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time I've heard of Epogin and it makes absolute sense. Good luck on the surgery... I will be praying for you my dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)