Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WOWZER!

It is less than a month now till my surgery!!! I can't believe it. I feel like it was just a couple days ago that I was like "yay! 9 more months till my surgery!" haha. Wow, it sure flew by. I am so nervous, yet very excited. I get questions like, "Why are you doing this?" "You are pretty you don't need this" blah... blah... blah... but it is not as much as for aesthetics as it is mechanic... by getting this fixed I will be way more confident in myself, and it will eliminate "awkward" social moments... like being incapable of eating a whole apple, or subs and its insides falling all over me. I know that it is going to be tough, but it is also going to be soooooo worth it. :)

I will have a few update pics up soon. :)

-Makay

3 comments:

  1. Oooh i'm excited for you! Enjoy the feeling of chewing normally while you can, it'll be a while before you're doing that again.

    As for all these comments you're getting, don't let them bother you. The same people will be saying 'oh wow you look great!' afterwards, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of Luck to you, Makay!! I completely understand the whole "mechanics" of having a messed up bite! Hang in there and keep envisioning that splendid moment when you will be able to eat a sandwich, slice of pizza, etc without tugging!!

    p.s. please keep updating your blog during the worst of the worst post surgery days - not only bc i think it'll make you feel better to type out your experience-- but also because i'm closely following your blog/journey (as i am with discantus {above}). i too will be getting jaw surgery this time next year. your blogs are extremely helpful! :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's getting excitingly close isn't it?!?! what is your actual date? there is only eleven days for me now (ohh my). believe me, time will only go faster from here in. throughout the process i have had similar questions and responses from people i have told about the surgery and i feel exactly like you. i guess we'll both show them, eh? won't be long and we'll have wonderful smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)