Friday, October 9, 2009

I have a Date...

Big news everyone! I have an official date for my surgery!!! July 8th, 2010. This is the day that it will all go down. :) We reserved a spot... early in the morning of course, and I am very glad because I get to have my surgery done at the Children's Hospital! YAY! I figured this would probably be a "happier" (for lack of a better word) enviroment after the surgery. When I was at the O.S. office his room was "decorated" with a lovely arrangement of deformed skulls... joyful right? That's when I decided I would rather recover in a room full of cute little animals and colorful murals. Haha. :) I guess that is the advantage of being under 18 and going through with this surgery... You get monkeys and giraffes on the walls. Haha... Anyways... now I can start counting down the days... exactly 9 months to go. :)

Love and Support Always, Makay :)

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you have an official date, Makay! Now the count down has really begun! I hope they can give me a date when I go for my surgical consult in December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally have to create a countdown clock for your blog...I've been watching in terror/excitement as mine ticks down. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K- Thanks! I am really excited too. Oh yeah, however I didn't get a date on my surgical consult... But maybe if you ask ahead of time you can get one. That would be awesome! Make sure to post when you do. :)

    Carrie- Thanks!!! I am really nervous/anxious/excited... etc... about the surgery now that is has an actual date! Oh, and I will try and create a countdown clock pronto... Thanks for the suggestion. :D

    Come back soon for new posts and updates... :D
    Love and Support Always, Makay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy to hear you have a date. Now its a date you can look forward to instead of just wondering continually when???? :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa- Thanks... I am ectatic... no more worrying about getting a spot. I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to reserve a time for my surgery... or that they would be booked, and it would be pushed off... But not anymore! YAY! :) I created a little countdown clock on the bottom of the blog... 269 days till the surgery. haha. :) Keep us posted on your "journey".
    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I have a date too on July 8, 2010. Please try to stop worring about every detail of what MIGHT happen....everyone's experience is unique and you won't know what yours will be until it happens....remember..."Worring is a waste of the imagination" All will be well.
    Much Love, Ree

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)