Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm Narrow on the Top...

Hey everyone, I found this pic (before braces) and it shows my narrow top jaw and wide bottom jaw quite well. I know I have already posted this pic at the beginning of my blog, but I wanted to point this out. My O.S. never said anything about an expander, but he did say that I need bone grafts on the top jaw. What is a bone graft exactly? I don't really know to be honest. Maybe it has something to do with my narrow top jaw? hmm...


Lots of Love and Support, Makay

2 comments:

  1. Bone grafts are where they take healthy bone from another area of your body and implant it into your jaw (or wherever it's needed). I had a bone graft out of my right hip into my upper palate because I had a pretty large movement and my bone was thin and they were worried about the screws and plates holding. Another blogger I know, Chris, had a bone graft but they took it out of the rear of his mouth (like his wisdom teeth area, I gathered).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I was wondering. haha. :) And thanks for following. I appreciate it. I always love followers and comments, so thanks!
    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)