Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Appointment...

I just got home from yet another of my fabulous ortho appointments... a time where they yank and pull on your teeth till they nearly fall out of your head. haha.
They up-ed my wire size, gave me a new set of chains, and added 2
brackets in the back. They also took some x-rays, and supposedly my
teeth are practically parallel, which is a huge improvement they said... so yay! They are taking molds during the next appointment too. That is
another thing we had to take care of today... scheduling every
appointment up until surgery (July 8th.) That took a while trying to coordinate all the dates, but we have it all worked out.

Sometimes when I go to the ortho I wish I had my awesome Phillips Sonicare toothbrush, and though it is among the quieter electric brushes it makes quite a buzzing against the metal on my teeth... and this time I had the brilliant idea/remembrance to take it (because face it... those dinky disposable toothbrushes do nothing). Of course when she took my wire off let me brush, and I loved
it! My teeth werecompletely squeaky clean... I mean you only get your wires taken out for a 3 minute period every 4-5 weeks, take advantage of it! Haha. Of course I got some weird glances from other people in the office when I turned on my buzzing contraption, but my teeth were CLEAN let me tell you...haha.

On another note... I have been listening to the David Crowder Band for a while now, but their songs move me so much. When I am listening to a song I most often find myself near tears singing at the top of my lungs. Other times I will fall to my knees. I have been in my backyard before and with my Ipod , earphones in, and then belting the words to their songs as the wind blows through my hair. I love their music, but I also love this video of their song "Oh, Praise Him", If you get bored you can fastforward it towards the end, but it is a great song. This guy in the video felt moved by the song, and therefore made this video on his own. It is incredible the way God can move through someones entire being and lead them to serve him.



I absolutely love this mans impulse, how amazing to simply be strolling down in NYC and be so move to just stop and worship. I try to do this and show others God's love through me instead of just by words or persuasion because
His love is best shown through your actions.

"It is no longerI that live, but Christ living in me: and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith which is in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me."
-Galatians 2:20


I love you all so much, thank you for following me and leaving me such supportive comments... You can not even fathom how much it means to know that you all care. It makes all the difference. :)

-Makay

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's always so exciting when they take molds! They think you've gotten far enough that it's worth checking out your bite.

    Smart move on bringing your electric toothbrush. I wish they could remove wires for dentist check ups, too, so that your teeth get really clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another mile stone! How do your back brackets feel? I had a hard time adjusting to mine.

    I'm glad to hear everything is going good :)

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I only got 2 new brackets yesterday on the top 2 teeth but all my back teeth are verrrry sore today. haha.

    makay

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)