Thursday, March 18, 2010

Inspirations In Today...

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

-Jack London

This great quote was hanging on the wall in my AP Lit class, and when I saw it I immediately wrote it down for one of my besties Britt, and handed it to her after school. Have you ever felt like your life is mundane? The same day after day? Well I have been in a rut lately, and quitefrustrated with my boring day-to-day life... I asked God, "Why do I feel so empty?". All I know is my school work feels pointless and my daily life is making me apathetic towards life in general. I sit around wondering about my future, but I realize I have to make it happen... that simple fact is like a brick wall. I feel like God is telling me to WAKE UP! Life is short and there are many people in this world to meet, to help, and to share my faith with. Sometimes I feel like a small inadequate ant that has no control, but I do... I have
control over myself and what I do. I am looking to find that special something that God put me on this planet for. I know He will lead me to it, but I have to get my feet dirty first, and roll up my sleeves because there is a HUGE world in front of me that I have to reach. Like the lyrics to a Britt Nicole song goes,

"Don't let your lights go down
Don't let your fire burn out
'Cause somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe
Why don't you rise up now?
Don't be afraid to stand out
That's how the lost get found
The lost get found

So when you get the chance
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it."

That is the way I want to live. How about you? Tell me what you do. Make a difference today. :)

Love, Makay

1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful Makay! God is going to use you in some mighty big ways. Life is a lot of peaks and valleys, a lot of action and waiting, a lot of speaking and preaching, but also a lot of listening and learning. So many seasons to go through, learn to be content where He has you and find Joy there. That is truly living when under any circumstance you have the peace and hope of KNOWING that He is directing your path and THAT is EXCITING!!! He has a special plan for you!!! You are sooooo SPECIAL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)