Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Newly Found Gap...

Okay, so, update. I have a gap in my bottom middle teeth. I just got my braces tightened last week and now I have a gap. Not cool. I thought braces were suppose to correct the alignment of your teeth, not worsen it. I have never had a gap before, but now due to this new wire I am developing one. ARGH! Now when I talk I seem to whistle on my "s" it is verrrrrrry frustrating. hmph. Here check it out...

(Sorry for the terrible resolution by the way. I took it with my webcam.)



Here are a couple normal pics...

You can kinda see my profile in this one... sorta.



and another, but straight on instead. I just realized how good I have gotten at hiding my underbite.



GROUP SHOT! haha... cute one of me and my bffs.


And here is a crazy-silly one of me and my lil' sis. :)



For some reason last week was verrrry slow, and stunk big time, but I have a feeling this week is going to be 99% better. Can't wait. :)

Have a blessed week. :)

-Makay

6 comments:

  1. You and your sis are adorable!

    I had a similar freak out moment last week -- a tiny space had opened between my front teeth a week after surgery. I haven't seen my ortho in a little while, obviously! Then it went away. Orthodontics mess with your head.

    I'm sure your ortho will fix it soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makay!
    Don't worry so much about your gap...if you read older posts of mine, you'll notice I went through a 'gap' phase myself. Not fun and not cool, but don't worry with your next tightening it will close...you'd be surprised as to how fast it will close, a matter of a day or so.

    Cute pics! Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I didn't even notice your gap until I looked for it so don't worry about it! I also have a recently developed gap in my top 2 front teeth - it happened right after my last ortho adjustment. I guess it will all come together sooner or later.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi.
    that gap is a normal result of your braces. its not like "they make your bite worse", the bracies function is that, put your teeth on order so you can finally see whats the real damage/problem degree inside your mouth. while youre not wearing braces, your teeth work fine, they touch each other bus only because the position of them has been messy during so many years. take a look at this video, and look hpw braces work.

    im having the same process than you, hopefully ill get my surgery around august, and im having the same problem, my upper jaw and my under jaw are more separate now than ever. but its normal.

    :)

    good luck!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCaG6ZfXi1s&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)