Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 27...


Welcome to day 27... WOO WOO! What a day today has been... I have been busy working to complete my "Makeover" ha. A lot of my family members sent me money to help boost my confidence over this whole process and today I finally put it to use! SERIOUS shopping spree, and I finally got my hair cut! I did a mix between the Mandy Moore style, and Selena Gomez.

Anyway here is a before...

(excuse the swelling- this was taken a while ago, ha)

Here is the new hair...

Check it out-

I also got some new clothes! :) I got this dress at H&M and I love itttt! I can dress it up or down, and it is the perfect date dress. ha.



What do you all think? I really like it! Of course my hair is curly, but she had to "blow it out" so she could make adjustments... :) I am really happy with it.

I got a ton of great deals at H&M, and some cute shoes at Rack Room- overall it was a very successful day! ha.

Okay so I am going to answer your questions now...

Did you ever have any congestion?
Yeah, I did, but it has gradually gone away. My nose was really stuff and all that, but now it has passed- I used afrin and sudafed when it was bad... I hope that helps, but I think you are doing all you can for now.

Will you have to undergo any kind of speech therapy, or do any type of exercise to help strengthen your jaw?
No speech therapy I should adjust on my own. The reason I have a lisp and sound weird now is due to being rubber banded AND this stupid splint! ha. I am doing exercises to help strengthen my jaw- like opening as wide as I can, and pushing my jaw side to side and pushing it forward- all that- but that is all. (Maybe I will do a "Jaw" exercise video- interested? ha).

I've read that you're not allowed to sneeze or cough for awhile. Is that true? For how long? Have you felt the need to sneeze? If so, what do you do?
It is true. Only because it would be extremely painful if you did. ha. My doc did not give me a specific time that I couldn't I just started to when I felt I could handle it. I was coughing by Day 2 because I felt like I had stuff in my throat (granted they were soft coughs) ha. Now I cough and sneeze regularly. I had to sneeze the day after surgery and it was so annoying because I couldn't- I knew if I did I would blow my brains out and it would hurt- so I refrained. When I did finally sneeze for the first time I kinda held my body and just tried to hold it in and keep it from jolting me too much. It really wasn't that bad. :) Don't worry.

Anywayyys. I hope I helped! ha. :)

I am thrilled with my new hair! WOO WOO! ha. What do you all think? Cute?

I have always felt the need to hold on to the hair to cover my underbite, but not anymore! I am loving it!

GOODBYYYYYYE underbite!!!! ha.

Oh, and questions? ;)

LOVE, Makay




11 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful i swear you might have to start carrying around a stick ;) hahaha Get it? But you so cute its just amazing.
    Love, Cmrepresent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makay!
    You are just so adorable and your transformation is just amazing! I am so happy for you and your success I know it will have a huge impact on your confidence as you move along in your wonderful life!
    Hair and all was a good choice!
    Cheers to you!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Budda Bing........what a transformation. You look marvelous sweetie. Love the new hair style, it looks great on you....
    Ree

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS! You are seriously the cutest thing ever. You look absolutely lovely! I was just in H&M today, too :). And I agree with Cody, you'll be beating the boys off of you, seriously. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hair and new outfit! Get 'em guuurrrl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely adorable!
    and only 16!? you seem like you have a great head on your shoulders already :) good for you!

    the surgery is amazing, i love seeing the transformations because each one is so great! I went to school with a girl who had an extreme underbite, and i just wish she would read these blogs for inspiration because i know she was very self-conscious during high school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are absolutely stunning!!!!I love your hair and hope that you got to buy a lot of things. You deserve them. Would love to be able to see everything. I love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ..hey sweetie ..sorry I have missed so much on your blog , I was sure that I am following you but I didn't so I obviously couldn't see nothing in my dashboard ..but I am following now : )

    ..I am so happy about you , the transformation is amazing and most important that you are happy ..I like your new hairstyle , it really suits you , and your sandals are so fashionable , I love it ..

    ..you are very pretty girl sweetie ..

    P.S ..my brother is 24 now and I just recently find out that he feels very uncomfortable about his jaw , I didn't had a clue , well , maybe he would think about surgery as well ..
    you are so brave girl ..

    ..have a wonderful day : )))
    Ellinelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. makay, you look absolutely STUNNING....i love the new hair...these photos are amazing....and i love that dress....wow....your family in florida is so proud of you....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)