Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Something...

I am starting to lose track of how many actual days it has been since surgery- it is starting to fade and I am finally getting my life back. Here are some update pictures...

Do you notice anything?!?!


The splint is OUT!!!!! :D

I went for a post op appointment yesterday and he said that it could come out. I was ecstatic. I a feeling realllllly good right now. I am even on a soft chew diet now... Watch this video. I answer some questions and explain the splint situation! YAY.




Here are my update pictures...

I have a cheesy smile when I try... haha...



I have been having a ton of fun with my friends- we have been chilling at the pool, and just hanging out. It has been so much fun- full of laughs. My best friend just got back from a mission trip to Honduras. I am so glad she is back! She had not seen me since surgery (she was gone 7 weeks) and she really had a positive response. :)

She spent the night and actually went to the surgeon appointment with me. She saw how excited I was after getting my splint out and she was like "WHOA your speech. You sound so much better!" ha.




It was a great time. I am so glad to have the splint off! WOO WOO!!!!!!! :D

So anyways...

Questions? Comments? Anyone? haha.

Love, Makay


4 comments:

  1. AHHH THAT IS SO AMAZING! You look great! Dude I can't wait till I get mine out. So annoying cleaning it. I commend you for getting through the hardest part. Everything is uphill from here! So happy for you.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makay!
    Wow, how exciting for you!! Great explanation too, thank you very much! On the wisdom teeth, perhaps get them under the pillow for "big money" from the tooth ferry (ha)??!!! Anyway, you look great and it is awesome you are onto soft chew and no splint!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You got your splint off already? I still have another week. Oh well. I'll look forward to talking as well as you do. And you should be glad about your soft chew diet. I've been on a liquid diet since surgery because I had my jaws wired shut, and I am SO EXCITED about graduating to no chew diet. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Makay!
    My name's Nuno Nereu and I'm a 39-year-old deaf man from Portugal.
    This month marks an 1-year that I have braces and I'm waiting for surgery to correct my underbite.
    I have followed your blog and love it.
    Keep up the good recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)