Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 24...

Today after church my fam and I went out for some Italian at Macaroni Grill- I was afraid I was going to be stuck drinking some water, and sipping some Minestrone. I decided to order the Lasagna, and just give it a try. When it came I chopped it up with my spoon, and WAHLA! It was the perfect consistency and I was able to eat it with ease! Then my Mom and Dad ordered some Tiramasu which was also PERFECT. Aw. It was killer. Seriously. Real food... finally. :)

That being said when I got home I had to brush a ton of noodles out of my splint. Gross! But true. ha.

Here are my update pics of the day...



Here is my comparison to last Sunday- the swelling is WAY down (seriously! I look like a different person, ha)... Woo Woo...


So NOW we have some questions to answer...

Did you donate blood before your surgery?
No way. They did tell me I may have to undergo a blood transfusion if I lost too much, but it would be donor's blood. They didn't wanna take anything from me! They even put me on Iron supplements to boost my blood count.

How is it that you have more defined cheekbones? Is that normal?
It is completely normal! If you have your top jaw moved forward (like I did) you will see a more definition- plus I had my top jaw moved dramatically! 6mm! Wowzer. So that really helped define my cheekbones! Here look at this video... it kinda shows the surgery "generally". (I had a genioplasty and a split on the top to widen... so that isn't shown here)


Will I be able to take my bands off to eat?
I am allowed to, and most of the other bloggers I have seen have been able to, however you need to check with your surgeon. ASAP. I know eating through a syringe for 6 weeks would be pure hell, thus I am very happy I can take my bands off and enjoy my Mashed taters! ha. I am on a no chew diet, but I can have solids... so its cool.

I hope I am helping! :)

If there is ANYTHING you are wondering... or have a question about go ahead and ask! :) I am here to help, and plus what would I blog about if you all knew everything? ha.

Let me know what you are interested in me blogging about... I will try and do it!

LOVE, Makay

6 comments:

  1. heyyyy its good to see everythings going great =)
    did your voice change? sounds weird cuz the surgery has nothin to do with your voice but like when you speak is it clearer? or is it too soon to say?
    -much love mayaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lasagna sounds great! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video, baby!! It helps me to understand exactly what they did in surgery. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is GREAT to hear about the cheekbones! I had no idea. What a fabulous perk! I have another question . . . I love to run and freaked out a bit when the nurse at my surgeon's office said patients are not supposed to work out for 3 months after surgery. When I talked to my surgeon, he said that time could probably be reduced if things went well as long as I refrained from contact sports during that time. Has your surgeon indicated how long you should refrain from exercising and, based on your experience, at what point do you feel like you can get out there again . . . even if it's just to walk a few miles?

    Thanks for all the updates . . . this is great motivation to get through the pre-surgery time and will be a great resource in those days following surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Glad to hear you're doing so well :) I've got a few questions for you. Are you in any pain? Are the muscles around your jaw joint aching? Are you on pain meds still? Is your face tingling at all in the numb spots? Has the tingling been keeping you awake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I've thought of another question for you. Did the anesthesia make you sick after you woke up? Have you lost very much weight since you can't eat the same?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)