Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 50...

WOO WOO! I have made it to a huge mark! Day 50?!?! Halfway to 100... crazy. It feels like it was just yesterday, but then I think about all that has happened and I realize it has been a while.

So I went back to school on Wednesday- and I have English with one of my best friends Wes and something HILARIOUS happened! A little embarrassing, but definitely something to laugh about- so I am sitting there- wes to my left and then I hear someone, "Pshhhh... Makay... hey..." I look over at Wes and he points to his chin, "you are dribbling a bit ky..." he says in a subtle whisper... Needless to say I had a trickle of saliva running down my chin and I didn't even know it- my chin is still completely asleep! ha. It was great- we both got a great laugh out of it.

I do not have much time to blog today, but I will post a lonnnng post hopefully this weekend answering all your awesome questions that you left on the last post. If you anything else to ask leave a comment and ask. :)


Love, Makay


7 comments:

  1. Shoot I was hoping feeling would come back by the 50th day. I have had so much food on my chin and not even known. Well good thing they were a friend and let you know. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Makay!
    Yikes, what a funny situation!! Hooray for good friends! I imagine that first day of school a lot of people didn't even recognize you eh?
    Have a great weekend!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Thank goodness your friend was there to stop further embarrassment :)

    Just wanted to let you know that I spoke to my surgeon about the click and he said recovering jaws often go through clicky phases, so there's nothing to worry about. Phew!

    Take care my fellow jaw surgery survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl. Mine has gotten a little better about clicking.

    And yes. THANK GOD for good friends. haha

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  5. My chin is still not all the way back yet ...and I'm almost to the 9 month mark. My OS said that it will take between 6 and 12 months to return, and I'm getting impatient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on going back to school! ha oh the drooling. Still happens to me from time to time as well. My chin is still sleeping too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I still do that occasionaly, and I'm over a year post-op. It's pretty funny and my friends get a big kick out of it. It's much better now, though.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)