Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy 6 Weeks to ME!!! :)

I have made it to 6 weeks today! I am so happy to keep reaching new marks! 2 more weeks and will be 2 months. CRAZY- I mean it feels like I just had it done- like a day ago!

Today I had my first orthodontist appointment. They removed the AWFUL surgical wires which were so heavy and making my teeth sore, and also all the hooks that continually gave me ulcers! It was such a relief to get lighter wires- and no hooks. I am done with rubber bands... except one on my right side- she said my top teeth need to come back a little on that side- she said it is the muscles- you have to retrain them. We are just fine tuning at this point.

I have a chain on my bottom teeth- I have a small gap still between my bottom 2 middle teeth. Not a big deal. Honestly. I am pretty happy with everything. I am content now because it is like I am back to "Normal" other than not being able to eat anything I want- I am still on soft foods- well soft chew. But hey its better than no chew- right? ;)

All the ladies in the orthodontist office were Oooohing and Awwwing over my new bite, and we even took a peek at my before for comparison! :) All the women were amazed, and asking me questions. It made me feel good, because it was like they really "appreciated" or "understood" all I went through to get to this point, and made a big deal. It was fun.

Then afterwards my Mom and I went out to a local Mexican joint- San Fan- for some burritos. I even ate a few tortilla chips!!! *gasp* It was awesome!!! :)


Here look at my TEETH! No more spikes or surgical wires! I AM FREE! :)


PROFILE TIME! WOO WOO! :)


I am so happy with the results, and I am just one step closer to getting these braces off! :)

YAY.

So guys... any questions? I haven't gotten any in ages?

XOXO, Makay

9 comments:

  1. Wow makay and I thought you were beautiful before but this is too much haha jk never can be too much beautiful makay ;)

    Love, Cmrepresent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 weeks to you, happy 6 weeks to you, happy 6 weeks dear Makayyyy...happy 6 weeks to you :)
    Love, your Ree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 weeks to you! Your bite looks amazing and your teeth look so clean! Good job on keeping them clean when you had that splint in. Hard to do. I know! haha

    Today is my 4 week anniversary :) I just had the rubber bands put back on. I guess they were a little too confident in my bite and it moved. No biggie but man they suck don't they! It's been kind of painful and causing me headaches. Did you ever have any problems with your bands? Or was it not that bad?

    Also, I can't remember from your posts but were you wearing your bands the whole time you had your splint in(except for meals)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Makay! Looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Makay!
    How exciting for you! Everytime I look at your bite I am so amazed how good it looks!! Soon you will be biting right through everything. I think it would be an amazing post to describe (in retrospect) what steps were most important to you to get you mentally ready to step into the surgery room, as well as specific knowledge of the surgery, you research, that was important to your understanding of the procedure? At least that would be my question..I don't know if that makes sense... I wonder how fast I will run out of the hospital the day I am suppose to go in (ha) Anyway, it is a pretty abstract question if you want to take a shot at answering.
    You look just wonderful and very happy for you and your results are very inspiring to me!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I found your blog. I am 10 days post surgery today and I have had an underbite my whole life (I am 36) and it was creating dental problems. So lower jaw was moved back and upper jaw was widened. Did they widen your top jaw? If so, did it feel like your tongue was always touching your palate? It is so weird-one side of my palate is totally smooth and the other half is swollen and it is so annoying because that swelling takes space away in my mouth. I am still also feeling like I am having trouble swallowing-maybe also a space issue. I probably should take Sudafed to help with some of the sinus/upper jaw issues I have been having. You look beautiful and congrats for reaching 6 weeks. I cannot wait to get this splint out!!! So glad you mentioned pancakes and some other food I would not of thought of. I can swallow pancakes if I try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely fantastic!! I know that you feel so much better with all the metal out of your mouth.
    Love ya, baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)