Saturday, August 14, 2010

Woo Woo!

Today is...

Day 37

Geeeeez, it is crazy how fast all this is going by. I mean the first week definently felt like forever, but now everything is getting so much easier. I mean I am still dealing with a bunch of stuff- like numbness (though it really isn't a major concern because it is coming back) and swelling (especially in the morning), but compared to the first couple weeks this is NOTHING. ha. I am glad to be getting back into the normal routine of life, and being able to talk and do more with my friends. :)

Oh, so the I was looking through my videos and here is a 30 second clip from pre- op... This is so you guys can see my speech pattern- and compare it to after...


Here is Post-Op...





It is so different, I mean 1.) I have cheek bones, haha... but 2.) the way I move my mouth, and my voice even sounds different. My lisp is virtually gone! :) Ah. The results are INCREDIBLE. This surgery was worth ALL of it. Even the 6 week no-chew diet, even the drooling, and the pain! All of it was so worth it.

Here is my update picture...


I will start taking better update pictures- honestly this stinks, but whatever. haha.

So what do you think about my voice!? CRAZY RIGHT? ha.

So do you have any questions? I haven't answered any in ages- maybe you can think of some?

Love, Makay


4 comments:

  1. Hello there, I love your updated picture, you look great.I have been waiting for you to get your 'sparkle' back - and I see it in this picture.Yea! I hope that you are doing well with the chewing...please - no pizza crust yet:( Hang in there
    Love you Ree

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!! keep smiling, i should say! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)