Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 23...

Hey all! :) It is Day 23... And I have been through the dark, moving into the light, can I get an "amen!" hahaha... Seriously I am doing pretty good. You know that hole? The one they cut to drain my infection? Well it is healing up nicely- I still have to irrigate it, but it is getting better.

Today my fam and I all went out for breakfast- I was brave and instead of just ordering "grits" I got pancakes! :) And let me tell you- best decision EVER. They were delicious. I just put some syrup in a little dipping bowl and cut up the pancakes in small squares. Then BAM. Ate it. ha. They were really good.

Last night I discovered another delicious treat: Sweet Potatoes- sweetened up of course. So this is what I did- Canned Yams, Brown Sugar, and Cinnamon... All together... microwaved it for about 2 minutes- mashed it up. MMMMM MMMM GOOD. :)

So anyways here are some update pictures. :)

See Marshmallow my elephant? hahaha. He was actually a post-op "Get Well" gift. Cute Eh?

I am starting to see my cheekbones emerging! WOO WOO! And my nose is getting some definition back instead of just being a blob on my swollen face- YAY. :)



Check out all that hardware! It's like Home Depot in there! ha. Surgical wires, Hooks, Splint, Rubber bands... DUDE! But- my top teeth are in front of my bottom! OH, and look... my midlines match up! *Gasp* hahaha. Not to mention my bottom teeth fit neatly inside my top... finally my top is wide enough.


Here is a before and after of the teeth (I will get a better pic later I do realize the order now is after then before- DANG... hahaha.)...


Huge difference...

So... I only have one question today...

Do you still visit your OS periodically?
Yep. I saw him a day after surgery then 1 week and then 3 weeks and then again at 5 weeks (but that one obviously hasn't happened yet.) I am praying that during the 5 weeks visit he takes this dang splint out because it is bothersome. Ha.

Anyways...

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Let me know your thoughts. :)

Love, Makay

9 comments:

  1. Papa and I are sooooooo happy that you have been able to eat more foods than you had been. Sounds like you really enjoyed the pancakes and the sweet potatos. Happy, happy, happy for you, baby doll. Looking good!!!!We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wow looking more and more beautiful each day. Cant wait till the swelling is down Woo Woo you wil give everyone whip lash looking at your pretty face hahahaha anyways i love the pink in your room very nice and Marshmellow very cut kinda hahaha ;) but i will keep praying for you.
    Love Cmrepresent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the sparkle back in your beautiful eyes again. I dont know how I will be able to wait until Thanksgiving to see you in person again...of course skyping will help.You should be able to eat pizzelles by then, I will bring a bunch.
    Love you,Ree

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! Wish you the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Makay -
    I just love reading your blog, it is wonderful to see the comparison before and after - you look wonderful and the results are stellar! Here is a question...did you donate your own blood before the surgery?
    Regards,

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the comparisons are great! I thought of another question ... how is it that you have more defined cheek bones after the surgery? Is that normal? Keep up the great recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey makay looking great! I'm so jealous of your soft food diet! I have been eating everything through a syringe for over a week now *sigh. I'm getting used to it but it severely limits my diet. Maybe on Monday my surgeon will tell me I can take my bands off to eat?? Here's hoping! I'm confused by Brent's question....why would you donate blood? Seems like a dangerous thing to do right before going into surgery.
    Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your journey has been amazing! I hope mine is as amazing as yours :)

    I just started my own, i linked your blog to, i hope you don't mind!

    http://ibrace-face.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so great!!!

    Next time you make sweet potatoes, add some mini marshmallows on the top and heat it up--OMG sooo good, they're like my favorite :)

    --Julia

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)