Monday, July 26, 2010

Brushing... and an update...

Today is Day 18. I promised I would help you guys out with brushing your teeth... here we go...

Okay so there is some "equipment" you will need for this...

1.) A tooth brush- Okay yes, obvious right? But you need something small enough to reach in the back (at least for the first week or two). For the first week I used a children's toothbrush Stage: 1. It worked. ha. Now I went back to using my big one... my Phillips Sonicare. It is the best tooth brush EVER and it really gets my teeth clean. It also really keeps my splint clean- with the vibration and the pointed bristles it works well to get stuff from inside the splint.

2.) You need a Pressure Syringe too... they are pointy and have a curve. Make sure to ask your doc for one of these.

3.) Toothpaste- I prefer Arm and Hammer with Baking soda- super clean feeling! :)

4.) A small plastic cup- for the water (so you can easily get it in the syringe.

Here is a video that may educate you further...



Let me know if you still have questions... Or I left something out...

Now some update on the infection and swelling...

I feel better already- the pressure is gone, and my ear isn't hurting...

Dr. POLITANO!!! YOU ARE MY HERO... I LOVE YOU! :) haha.

look at this...

Yesterday before we left...


Today...


Profile...


And... CHEEEEEESE... haha...


Here is your side by side comparison (in order from: Before the procedure, right after aka last night, and today)...




See the difference already? I am just so glad to have that behind me and be back on the road to recovery. I want this swelling gone... I mean its Day 18! haha. So I am just really happy today! :) Go swelling GO! ;)

Feel free to ask any questions... :)

Love, Makay

5 comments:

  1. Much, Much better sweetie. I feel much better too. Thanks for the heads up call from Mom :)
    Ree
    PS. Nice tooth brushing demo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby, you do look like you feel much better than you did the other day, when you were here. I am so glad!! There is a lot of difference in the jaw since the doctor lanced and irrigated the area. I am happy that you go to the doctor, tomorrow. Tell you mama to call and let me know what he says, o.k.? You are really helping others know what to expect with the surgery and healing process. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makay,

    So glad you're doing better today, I was worried after I saw your post yesterday! Keep on cleaning your mouth as well as you can, it gets easier as the swelling goes down!

    Much Love and Best Wishes!

    Stefane

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, you should try the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser. it makes brushing teeth soooooo much easier.
    and its good to see your coming along great.
    good luck n hopefully swelling goes down faster =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been so helpful, I can't wait to read the rest! I get my jaw surgery (same exact as you) on May 25. I'm very nervous about it, it'll be my first surgery of any sort :o but reading your blogs reassure me and help me loosen up, thank you so much for posting this blog! I don't know what I would do without it! & although your surgery is over (I believe? I haven't read the end lol) I still keep you in my prayers:) I hope you're enjoying your new jaw! Hope to talk to you sometime, it's very comforting to know someone else in this world got the same exact surgery that I'm going to get:)

    Prayers from,
    Kayla Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)