Friday, July 23, 2010

I AM BACK! :) Day 15...

I am sad I totally missed my 2 week post op anniversary. :( haha. Oh, well. HAPPY 2 WEEKS TO ME!!! :) I am happy I have made it thus far, Next week it will be 1/2 way over (thank God), but I know every minute, hour, day, week- I am that much closer to being normal again. :)

Here are some update pictures...

Last time you saw me...



Now...

Here is a straight on one...

My left side is being stubborn, and the swelling just keeps going up and down... and recently it has been UP... look. I just want it to go awayyyyy! Argh.

Here is the profile last time you saw...

Now (but this is my left side, which it worse than my right)...


Soooo... what you think? I think I am starting to see my new face! Finally.

So time to answer some of your questions!!! :)

Did you lose weight? How much?
I lost about 10 pounds, and have been able to gain 2 back. Dr. Turvey said I needed to, so I did. It wasn't too bad.

Can people see a difference in your before and after?
YES! Holy moly sure! of course. Look yourself:


Of course my family and friends are like, "you were beautiful before, but WOW you are so gorgeous, what a great change!" haha. Yeah, people can tell. I love hearing I look better too. I mean I went through all this for a reason- tell me! ;) ha.

Do you still have nasal congestion and articulation issues?
I never really did suffer with nasal congestion... Afrin really helped me. If it is still bothering you I suggest you ask your doctor for something. Like a nasal spray... (Which is what Afrin is). And um yeah... I have a splint in- thus my speech is a little messed up with a little lisping. Plus my right part of my lip is numb making it hard to move it. haha. My speech is muffled, but understandable. It just keeps getting better and better though.

Do you feel like you are producing a lot of saliva? And you have to constantly swallow?
Yeah, it was much worse- to the point where I was drooling everywhere, but I have it under control now, and that too continues to get better. My saliva has gone down a bit though... I am not sure why it feels like that. I think I will ask my surgeon on Tuesday. Good question.

I am starting to eat normal Monday- a week after- is that normal, or really fast?
Holy cow! That is realllllllllly soon! You mean like a chewing diet? Or a non-chew soft foods diet? Because chewing a week after is asinine- not a good idea at all. I don't get clearance to start chewing again until I reach 6 weeks post op, which is when my ortho treatment starts again, and the splint comes out.



Okay, that is all the questions for today! :) Ask away though! I am open ears, and ready to answer.... Questions? :)

Love, Makay

11 comments:

  1. Dont worry about it that should go down in a couple of days you still are looking good. At least we got a smile from you haha cant wait till its down.

    Love, Cmrepresent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeey! You're looking incredible, a few days and that swelling is really vanishing!

    Quick question, after the surgery did you have any tension in your jaw, to keep it firmly in the splint? They loosened my bands a little bit, now I don't feel comfortable putting my bottom teeth in the splint grooves, or letting it hover underneath, both feel funny! I kind of am not sure where to put the jaw! Relax or tense, hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, 6 weeks without being able to chew your foods? You're a brave soul.. I couldn't do it, haha!

    And just for good measure, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makay! You look AMAZING girl! I'm so proud of you! You look gorgeous! I love your side view pics! Keeping you in my thoughts!

    xo,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The swelling under your chin has really gone down! I think that that was the most unexpected and annoying for me, since it felt like I couldn't breath when I tipped my chin down...

    Keep on with that positive attitude and know that you'll be celebrating the 6 week anniversary soon, even if it feels like it will be forever!

    Lots of Love,

    Stefane

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look amazing, and wow the swelling went down niceee, can you believe it, time really does fly by =)
    thanks for the answers, i got one more question did you at any time feel like your jaw was going to fall or go back to the old way? it sounds weird i know but just curious

    ReplyDelete
  7. @maya... no I never felt like that, but I do fear it. I haven't seen anything or felt anything that would lead me to believe it is though you know? I feel like my bite is PERFECT... which it is. :D

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makay! You look amazing! So excited that you will be able to eat after 6 weeks. They told me 8 weeks but we'll see! I have another question for ya :)
    Did your nose change at all? When they were fixing my upper jaw they had to pull my nose up a little, just wondering if you experienced this a well. You can see in looking at my before and after photos.
    It's so nice for us to be going through this relatively around the same time!
    Matt, my boy, is about to come over and watch a movie with me. I don't care that I'm swollen! hehe
    So glad you picked up some Afrin! Doesn't that work wonders? It's already helped me with swelling for my nose. My swelling is at it's high point right now though. Can't wait for it to go down!!!

    Talk soon,
    love
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you still taking antibiotics? Or did you take them post surgery?

    (I got a bad infection from my surgery on July 7th, and they may have to pull all the hardware out).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try to read your blog everyday. I'm so impressed by everything- from your new look to your ability to constantly and consistently update your blog! Makes me feel like I can actually do this and get through it okay this time next year. Your blog in tremendously encouraging and helpful!! Can't thank you enough!!

    oh and did I mention your new bite and general new appearance is simply gorgeous!!! :)Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Makay!
    Hooray you are back, and you look great!! Missed reading your blog, love the questions and answers! So glad you are improving every day!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)