Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It is Tomorrow!!!

Holy Moly! :) It is tomorrow! I can not believe! Today I had a Ortho Surgeon Appointment. My Dr.'s resident Dr. Politano met with us today to 1.) calm my nerves 2.) give me details. So here is what I found out...

Measurements:
---> Top Jaw is moving forward 6mm
---> Bottom Jaw is moving backward 3mm
---> Chin forward 4mm (genioplasty)
---> Widening my top jaw 2mm
---> All my wisdom teeth removed

They are also gonna add a little bit of bone to my cheeks to help round it off, which is just gonna be extra from my bottom jaw.

Today was soooo hot... when we got out of the car this is what our temp reading said: 106!!! Holy cow... (Idk if you can see the temp in the mirror... but it's there)


Also I wanna show you Dr. Turvey's office... it scares me. There are skulls EVERYWHERE! I wish there were animals on the walls or something! hahahahaha. ;)


(this is a fake smile, just saying hahaha)

(this one scares me and my mom the worst! Look at that dude's head!!!! FREAKY! haha. Dr. Turvey needs some cute murals or something... ;D )

Then we went in and Dr. Politano showed us this xray of me now. The black/gray lines are now, and the red is after... well the "projected" after. (just click the picture to see it bigger)



Also I got an estimated image of what I will possibly look like, he said the program makes everything "sharp" and I will look better than the image, but it just kinda shows the projected profile...

here is now...



here is what they think I will look like... Of course it is not completely accurate, but it is a "guess", just for fun... haha. (He said the bottom lip will be under the top more than in this picture)


Then here is Dr. Politano and me. He is Dr. Turvey's resident, which is kind of like a "top dog" Dr. in training... Both of them will be doing my surgery, but I feel closer to Dr. Politano than Dr. Turvey because I have seen him more. (if you read this Dr. Politano, I am trusting you and Dr. Turvey with my life, and my face... ha. I know you will do a good job!)

The big day is tomorrow, and my surgery is at 7:30am... So I have to be there at 6am, so that means we have to leave the house by 5:20am. So PLEASE pray.

Thanks for your support! It means a ton! See you guys on the other side!!!! :D AHHH!

-Makay

9 comments:

  1. WOW if that's a guess and its leaving me shocked then can't wait to see the real thing when i visit on the 21st. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! You are going to be fine. Love the video! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST OF LUCK GIRL!! Sending more support your way! You can do it! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!! Stay strong and positive! Can't wait to see how amazing you're going to look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Keep us posted. I think the projection of how you are going to look is pretty amazing. I am going to demand one for my 3rd surgery. Yesterday I had my second surgery (a smaller one) and I am up taking pain meds and of course reading blogs.

    Prayers coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to post asap! And I mean asap! Haha! I'm sure it went great :) I can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be out of surgery now, just checking in to see how you feel. Keep your chin up, the first week is hard but it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything went well! Once your through this week the worst is over! Or at least that's what I hear. By the time your done with your initial healing in 2 weeks I'll be heading in for my surgery. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad surgery went perfect today bebe! Will be praying for a speedy recovery for my girl; I love you!:)
    Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Makay -
    My thoughts and prayers are with you for an excellent outcome and speedy recovery!
    I know you are in good hands!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)