Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 8...

I have made it over the one week mark, which means it only gets better from here- at least the swelling and numbness. :) So I asked if you had any questions, and guess what? You gave me some, so here goes. I am going to answer the best I can....

Are you still feeling numb? Do you have any feeling in you face yet?
Actually yes I do. I have gotten some back, which my doctors think is AMAZING because it has only been a week. Here I show in this picture where the numbness is. The purple areas indicate "feeling" the red is "numbness". I don't know if you will be able to read the words... Let me know if you can't.


How does your tongue rest inside your mouth? Does it feel crowded?
The inside of my mouth feels different. Not going to lie, and it took some getting used to but it does not feel crowded. I asked my surgeon the same question. I mean it seems logical right? They are taking your bottom jaw away so you wouldn't have as much room for your tongue? Not the case though. He said that they move your jaw back, and your tongue moves with it. Which is true, because my tongue feels normal. Great question though! :)

How do you brush the inside of your teeth?
I am not sure what tooth brush you are using, but let me introduce you to my best friend... ;)

It is a baby toothbrush, stage 1. It has soft bristles and a small head. And I can EASILY fit it between my teeth. I then just shove it back there and brush the back of the teeth. I know it may sound painful, but with a bit of practice, and you will be able to do it too. Make sure to have your rubber bands off before you do it... you have better mobility. (maybe I will make a video of how to brush your teeth. tell me if you would be interested.)

Can you talk and sing yet?
Yes I can talk. Not well, but I can do it a bit. It lets me get my message across most of the time. It is getting better though. I can't sing. really haven't tried. I have hummed though. Thats easy. haha.

Is your nose and cheeks producing oil?
More than usual? Yeah. I mean not too bad, but my skin feels kinda like after a sunburn... rougher, and a little oily... I think it is from moving my face so much... I don't know though. Good question. I am sure it will go away. So no worries. I just can't wait to exfoliate. That would hurt now though.

Update on Day 8:

Here is the swelling:

I do believe this is my first picture with a "legit" smile. haha. I can't wait for my lips to come down so I can do a full on toothy grin haha... :D It is a bit crooked do to the uneven swelling, and other stuff like that. No worries... ha.


Profile Time...



I wanted to leave you all with a little comparison. :)



If you guys have ANY more questions feel free to ask. I will try and answer them the best I can. :)

-Makay

10 comments:

  1. Hi Makay!
    Thanks for answering my question, it does seem logical that your tongue would be "short on space" but it is nice to know that is not the case!
    Your results are absolutely fabulous and I really appreciate the education I a getting from your blog!
    Cheers to you and your success!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems like "time fly by" doesn't it?
    one week down, congrats
    you look amazing and the before pic and after look wow. i styll cant get passed that
    hopefully these nxt couple of weeks fly by as well =)
    -maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking better every day. I KNOW that things arent as easy as you make it seem, but you are doing a super job in your recovery and in sharing this journey with all of us. We are blessed and YOU are so loved.
    Ree

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool blog, what happened to your beautiful face?

    polli

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good! thanks for answering some questions. 5 more days for me! eek!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey makay! thanks for answering my qns! i appreciate that...:) and you are looking great...totally big difference from before the surgery!:)

    anyway i have a few more questions to go... can i start eating blended meat? haha...im craving for it so much that i drool...lol...i have been eating mashed potato,ensure balanced milk diet, oats and cereal everyday. its dreadful. haha thanks for the food recommendations too! i think i'll start taking a little pasta and your chocolate mousse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ melon-

    FOR SURE! Blend that meat up! :) haha.

    Glad to help. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)