Thursday, July 15, 2010

One Week.

I have made it! I DID IT!!!! YAYYYY. I have made it through the toughest week. I have made it through the dark, and I can see some light. The swelling is downhill from here. :)

Here are some pictures from today.


You have to love my "sorta" smile. I am trying... I am trying. My lips are still pretty swollen, I feel like Angelina freakin' Jolie. I hope it goes down soon haha.


Here is the money shot! Profile time! haha. My favorite time of the day. I am having some bruising under my chin, not bad, just slight. Its fine. And swelling there too. My top lip is the one that is super swollen. GO AWAY! ha.

Today I had some pudding which was absolutely delicioussss. It was Banana Cream pudding. :) So good. Pick some up, because it goes down really well. I also saw a commercial with the new Jello product, "Chocolate Mousse" and it looked so good. I may have to pick some of that up too.

Oh, and last night I ate something that filled my rumbling tummy, and it was very very very good. It was blended up baked beans, and blended up mac and cheese. MMMMM. It was the first meal that has really satisfied me. :)

Taking the bands on and off has gotten tremendously easier, so has brushing. Everything has gotten easier... well at least it takes less time to complete.

Today was my first milestone! :) I was happy with it.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Love, Makay


15 comments:

  1. looking awesome!! my mom says you look great(:

    love you!

    God bless,
    livi(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you look so good! I can't believe it's only been a week. You are healing soo fast! Are you still feeling numb? Do you have feeling back throughout your face yet? Thanks for all the advice by the way. Nice to know I have a blogger friend out there going through the same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy for you! I'm finally going to post today. Finally!

    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! just happened across your blog while searching the web :)

    I find it very cool, cause I'm 17 and I just had jaw surgery myself 6 days ago--a day after you! I totally feel ya...my swelling is only very slowly going down as well, and it makes me soo anxious for this to be over. but i'm hanging in there :) glad to see you are too!

    ~stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Makay!
    I can vouch for the "Chocolate Mousse" it very yummy!
    Okay, here is a wierd question I have...how does your tongue rest now inside your mouth? You and I have the similar bites, and I have always wondered when I get this done if my tongue will feel crowded???
    what say you?
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi makey! i guess we had the surgery on the same day but i did them in singapore! ur recovering well! by the way, my left cheek is rather swollen but my lips is ok

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking better every day for sure! Your positivity is incredibly encouraging, it definitely doesn't make me so worried about mine (next Tuesday) :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting through 7 days, it's great to reach that milestone!

    I see your cheekbones are starting to come back - mine a more prominent now than they were before surgery so yours definitely will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh ya i have a few qns to ask u....how do you brush the inside of your teeth?i always ended up getting lots of food stuck inside and no matter how much i gargle, it won't come out. and can you talk and sing already? my face keeps producing oil esp the cheeks and nose area, do u?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy that you are finding things that are good to eat. You look wonderful!!!! I am soooooooooo happy for you, baby.
    I love you-Nana

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi everyone...i wanted to ask some qns..if anyone can help to answer them, i'll be very glad. after the underbite surgery, is it normal to still have nasal congestion on about day 8?how long will it take to go away? thanks ppl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @melon- hey girl... sorry I didn't answer your question in my post... jus didn't see it.

    To answer your question- Yes it is very normal. No worries. Did your doctor prescribe you "Afrin"? if not request it.. it is a nasal spray that really helps. Also did you get "Sudafed"? if not request that as well it helps relief congestion and mucus in your sinuses. overall if you use those two it should go away soon. Make sure to clean your nose every day with a Q-tip and 1/2 peroxide 1/2 water mix. I hope that helped.

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for your reply! but nope the doc never prescribe me with any nasal spray or medicine. by the way im a guy haha....so how are you feeling today? my left cheek is still swollen....my voice is pretty weird too feeling hoarse....can you recommend me some stuffs to eat? cos im been losing pounds daily and im super skinny now! sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  14. @melon-
    I am so sorry dude! I didn't know. haha. okay thanks for straightening me out.

    And no nasal spray? or sudafed? I would call and ask... It sure has helped me.

    I have been getting better and better everyday.

    And YES. I will recommend you some food. I will do a post about food hopefully today. What a great idea! I know people need suggestions. So I will get some up soon. :)

    I lost 10 pounds in a week. It will be okay. haha. I am starting to level off now.... no more loosing. I gained back 7 ounces. that's good.

    Anyways... okay.. let me know if you have anymore questions.

    Peace out.

    -makay

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)