Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 9...

Hey all! It is day 9, and I am happy to reach double digits tomorrow. :) But we will wait for that celebration. ;)

I wanted to give you all an update with pictures.



"I have CHEEKBONES!!!!??? Say what? WAHOO!"


"Oh, why yes, this lovely perfect bite does belong to me!" haha. ;)

How do you think I am coming along?

:D

Then I wanted to help you out with food ideas... A soft food diet is super annoying, but you have to do it. So you need some food that tastes good? Here are some ideas! :)

Grits with chopped up scrabbled eggs mixed in- this is super easy and delicious. Just make sure the eggs are really tiny.

Pasta with Alfredo sauce blended up with cheese on top

Pudding <--- I totally love the Banana Cream flavor. mmmm mmmmm gooooood. haha.

Ice Cream- So good, as always. I like chocolate the best, but thats just a preference.

Baked Beans- Really good, and a great source of protein just blend em up. :)

Mac and Cheese- Any kind of pasta, just blend it up. But mac and cheese is really good.

Chicken salad- If it isn't fine enough you may have to throw it in a chopper, but it is good.

Jello Chocolate Mousse- Okay this is a bit expensive, but it is to DIE for. I love it.

Jello- Good, but it dyes your lips a little bit... haha.

Soups- Any kind of soup with out gigantic hunks of meat is fine. Tomato is good.

Apple Sauce- Really good. They have all kinds of flavors and it is great for a serving of fruit.

Mashed Potatoes- good. I had some with gravy last night and they were really filling.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes- A little butter- A little cinnamon- A little sugar. Mashed altogether? OMG. Delicious.

Tonight!? I am having Spaghetti blended up and a dessert of Icing and maybe ice cream. You see its our neighbor, Ms. Sherri's Bday. No cake for me. :( But I will settle with some icing. MMMM. One of my favorite things on the planet. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. Sherri!!!!!

That is all for now. When I discover some more good food I will let you know, but I wanted to get some up for all of you who are drastically losing weight, or need to know what to buy. This is good. :)

Let me know if you have any questions...

Or some good eats to share! :)

Love, Makay


4 comments:

  1. You look great and seem to be coming along very well!! Thanks for updating this blog consistently! I love checking it every day and seeing how much you've progressed. :) Happy Healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man.. I applaud you for being able to eat blended up foods! Ha ha. You look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Makay!
    I think your results are just amazing (that how I think your coming along). Question: How well have you been sleeping...and have you been sleeping propped up? I was planning to just sleep in my recliner for the first week of surgery (I did that when i broke my collar bone years ago and it wasn't too bad). My wife wants to know who has been your primary care taker during the first week? And, during the first 48 hours and first week, what was the most important care they provided to you?
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Makay! This is Ashlee and it was great talking to you in the Doctor's Office and email me sometime at ashleelclemons@ymail.com and how r u now?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)