Friday, July 9, 2010

I AM ALIVE!!!!

Everyone is right the first night was bad. Not going to lie... I was bleeding alot, but you get a suction thing for that... not a big deal. It is nummmb... under my eyes down. But I am okay. It is SO very sore, but guess what????

YOUR PRAYERS WORKED! I may be able to go home tonight!!! WOWZER. Keep em coming! they are really helping. :)

Here are some pictures for you pleasure. ;) My throat is my major complaint, it is like the size of a dime. Which sucks. Makes it hard to breathe and swallow, but it should go down in a day or two.


How you like my Jaw Bra? hahahahahahha.

Oh, and my profile! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA! Finally my top lip in front of my bottom! :)



I am serious, get a shower asap, it makes you feel a ton better. The first day sucks, because of the anesthesia, but that goes away... promise. :) So how you like???? haha.

Oh, and I had to get some anti-nausea meds at first because when I got up to go to the restroom I didn't feel to well... just try not to go into panic like I did that only makes it worse. Trust me on that.

The worst is drinking... I keep feeling like I am chocking... he said it is because of the tube they put in my throat during surgery... he said that will go away soon. So, just waiting it out.

The roof of my mouth feels weird too, it is shallow (not as high) and wider. Weiiiird... and the numbness feels weird too. i haven't needed any strong pain meds, which is good... I am just on motrin... it helps.

So anyways... post soon. peace out. ;)

-makay

12 comments:

  1. Makay! You look great. I'm impressed by your positivity. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it though, welcome to the other side, I can already see what a huge difference there is :)

    So relax, focus on drinking and keeping yourself entertained, and don't think too much about all the scary things that you are experiencing - they'll all go away by themselves given time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! So pleased for you, I've been stalking your blog for a while now and it's so great to see that everything's a-o-k!

    Looking forward to hearing more about it. And it looks fantastic already.

    my thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Ky iam so VERY HAPPY THAT NOTHING HAPPEN I WAS SO WORRIED HAHA BY WAHT YOU TOLD ME WHAT COULD HAPPEN YOU JERK HAHA JK but i woke up at 4 this morning for some reason and prayed for 15 to 20 mins that the frist night went ok. Iam so happy that the prayers worked.ALL GLORY TO GOD WE LOVE YOU KYLA CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that you were Angelina Joli, at first!!Those big luscious lips!! I am sooooo happy to see you!!! I will tell Papa, Aunt Teresa, Aunt Joy, and everyone else how great that you look. Honey, please try your best to drink water. Your body needs it and it will help to use the muscles in your throat and get the soreness out quicker. I love you. God answered my prayers. He is always there.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!!! Wow, that's unbelievable how different you already look. I'm so happy that everything has been great, and I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look AMAZING! I'm so glad you're doing okay. You're barely swollen! It might increase a little at day 4 or 5 but still, for coming out of surgery, you look great! It'll get better! I can't wait for more posts :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey just saying you look beautiful Hope you remeber me hahaha inside joke well not really but still haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! Looking great, already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Makay! You look and sound amazing . . . so inspiring! Can't wait to read more about your adventure. Can't wait to be where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for you! You look great and it is so wonderful to see you thriving through the process! I have huge respect for your commitment, courage, and positive attitude!
    Cheers to your continued success!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!! I'm so happy for you! You look AMAZZZINNGGG!!!!

    I can't wait to hear more about your recovery. Good luck on everything and drink lotsa water!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)