Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 19...


Hey. Today was my 2nd OFFICIAL post op appointment. You know that tube? Well they took it out. HOWEVER, there is a freakishly large hole nestled in between my cheek and gums... It is freaking me out! Dr. Turvey said to irrigate it 3 times a day... AKA stick a pressure syringe in the hole and push 50 tons of salt water in the wound. Can somebody say, "ouch". I am squeemish just looking at it. Ew.

Okay so here are your update pictures. WAY better. Thank God the swelling is down. :)


Profile TIME... ha...



It really has started to hit me since I can see my "new" face shape emerging how very different even the front view looks. I mean look... wow. I am still shocked (in a good way of COURSE) I am so happppy!


Both of these pics make it totally worth it...


What do you all think? Isn't it a HUGE difference? I mean I think you can tell. haha.

Anyways... well I don't have any questions to answer... I am a little sad. :( haha. Come on guys... questions? Concerns? Let me know... :)

Love, Makay

10 comments:

  1. I loved the old Kyla just as much as I love the new one. The spirit is still the same. Only a part of the outside has changed. It is a big change in the pictures that you posted, above. I am so happy for you and so happy that you feel better. Nana and Papa love you and pray that you will continue to heal. You are a very pretty young lady and we are very proud of you. Don't ever forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, im glad your doing better n recovery is coming along great. You look amazing!!!
    do you know how much longer you have to wear ur braces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so beautiful! One thing i LOVED about getting the top jaw moved forward is that it really does make the upper lip fuller :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With or without braces, with or without overbites,underbites and crossbites-YOU were and are a beautiful young lady. Ouch!and ew:( to the irrigation process. I am so glad the swelling is going down...
    Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Makay!
    Thanks for your kind words! Your blog is always fun and refreshing to read! My question to you is: I am planning to go back to work at the 3 week mark...I manage a bunch of people so speaking is important how do you feel your speech is improving every day and do you think 3 weeks would be too soon?
    Also, are you able to taste food?
    What say you?
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. your results are just wonderful and amazing!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good girl. Looking good. :) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makay, you continue to be an inspiration ... In both your results and your attitude! I echo Brent 's question re talking. I get paid to talk so I'm a little nervous. My boss was just asking how long it will take before they can understand me again. Keep up the great progress!!! - Shaye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey....Iam 16 days post-up...our surgeries were close....I was wondering how are you dealing with the swelling...I see yours is coming down nicely...mine was aswelll but now it seems to have gotten to a standstill...I know we should wait much more to get rid of swelling but I thought maybe I should do something....Do you use heat? Anti-inflamatories?......Thanksssss....btw Great Results
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love your 'new' profile! You look amazing...just imagine how you're going to feel once your healing is complete and all the swelling has gone down! I'm super excited for you :D

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)