Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Post Op Appointment...


Okay so my appointment went well, they just reaffirmed everything is well, yay. They said the swelling and bruising is normal, and that I will start seeing a big difference... the worst is over. That was good news.

Also I couldn't have possibly asked for better Doctors. Dr. Turvey and Dr. Politano. They are so very nice and really know what they are doing. I am so glad we live so close to such amazing surgeons. They really are the best. They have changed the way I feel about myself, and helped me lose a big insecurity. I can't thank them enough. :)

I know I already put up pics of today, but I took some more and was surprised the swelling has gone down since this morning even...

look.

This morning:
NOW:

HEYYY... is that a smile? I think it is... haha.


This Morning:


NOW:



Do you see the difference? HOLY SHAMOLY! :) Yay... this is the first time I have seen an improvement in the swelling. :)

Oh, and lets take a peek shall we... ;) back behind them Angelina Jolie lips... Yes I know it isn't a very good pic, but it was the best I could do... I am still marveling over the fact my bottom teeth sit neatly behind my top. :D


And I was in the car on the way home from UNC and this song came on and it really touched me. I have been discouraged, and I have been asking God just to help me make it through this- and to show me some light. And this song came on, and WOW. Listen to this. Amazing.


Wow. :)

So... Thank you to all those of you following, and commenting. Reading your comments makes my day. :) Such a source of encouragement. Thank you.

Peace Out.

-Makay




9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a difference!!! One more step towards that cute little face you have always wanted. So proud of you! You are such a trooper. One tough cookie. And I too am so thankful for God putting you in the hands of such mastered physicians!!!! To God be ALL the Glory!!!
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! Now that's a lot more normal looking. :) Awesome song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lord, for all that you do!!! I am so thankful that the swelling is going down and that you feel much better about it. And that is a smile!!!! So glad to see it. I love you, Kyla. Keep on keeping on!!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference between morning and afternoon pics..loved the smile:)and the song and slide were right on...you are amazing...give Dr Turvey a hug from Ree next time you see him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for you! I am glad the swelling is going down and the GOOD news from the doc's! It is always so comforting when you have the best team supporting you! Also, keep up the positive, when this is all over you will be soooooooo glad you did it!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspired by your updates Makay! Thanks for keeping us updated . . . it really is helpful to see how well you're doing! Sending lots of positive thoughts for the swelling to go down quickly! - Shaye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makay -
    You look great, you really do!
    I'm a week past my "minor" 2nd surgery. Still taking Ibuprofen every four hours. Have to drink exactly room temperature beverages or my implants throb with pain.

    I'm glad you like your surgeons. I love mine, but his staff - not so much...

    Hang in there chica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you are looking more and more beautiful each day. Also see the prayers worked. Alos sorry for scaring you today with my wreak i didnt not mean to just hope everything goes well cant wait to see you kyla. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, congrats! Are you still sleeping propped up? I know that when I slept more horizontally my swelling was INSANELY worse in the morning.

    Feel better, chica! Glad you can be so positive about the whole journey!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)