Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 22...

I am still trekking through the lonnnng road to recovery- but for the past 3 days or so it hasn't been all too bad, I am feeling a lot better. :) Everything is getting easier- though I am may admit my menu is getting a bit mundane... but I can find ways to mix it up. ;)

Anyways today is literally the best day swelling wise- here check it out...


Here is a close up one of my teeth! Looking good! :D


And here is a smile shot where you can see my cheeks and all that...


Then here is the PROFILE... Woo Woo... The money shot right here...



Question TIME...

Where are you still numb?
Wowzer. I should have told you all this, but I have been getting a LOT of feeling back recently. I am getting my cheeks back from the outside in... so like my cheekbones I can feel, but I don't have much sensation in the middle of my cheek to my nose, but is coming back. Also I have been all tingly on my chin- the doc said that is a sign the nerves are repairing themselves- hopefully I will be able to feel there too soon. :) Also my right side of my top lip is numb (weird that I can feel my left. ha) Oh, and my bottom lip is numb too. Like I said though- it is all gradually coming back- it doesn't feel as "dead" as it did immediately after surgery.

Did you suffer from headaches before surgery, if so are they gone now?
Holy Moly... yes I had headaches caused by my jaw for a lonnnnnnng time- and they happened quite frequently, now that you mention it I really haven't had a bad headache like that since WOOHOO! :) The only headache I had was when I had that stinkin' infection- but other than that I have been headache free! :)

How far can you open your mouth now?
Sorry for the awkward picture, but I didn't know how else to answer it, I guess about an inch 1/2, maybe 2... Plenty big enough for a spoon. :) ha.



Do you still have to sleep elevated?
Yes. My doctor said to keep doing that to keep the swelling down. If you sleep flat you will wake up with a TON of swelling. Trust me... its not too uncomfortable- I sleep fine, and it really helps. :)

Do you still use ice for swelling?
Nope. My doc said only use it for comfort if you want... he said after 72 hours the ice does nothing... that pertains to the reduction of swelling- so no need unless it feels better... but it doesn't help swelling after 72 hours.


Aight.

So I hope I answered all your questions. :) I love getting questions because I know I am helping! ha. And I am glad to answer- I wish I had alot of these answers pre-op too... would have left me better prepared, but oh well- I figured it out. ;) ha.

So... questions any one? Questions?

HA.

LOVE, Makay




6 comments:

  1. Hey girl! You look amazzzzing!!! I can't wait to see results like yours :) On the food....I don't know if you've checked out this website: http://jawblends.blogspot.com/
    but it has a few pretty yummy recipes. I had the sgt. peppers and lentils hearts club stew today for lunch and it was the best meal I've had since the surgery! Not a lot of calories though so you might want to have it with something else.
    also did you see my freakishly long comment on your last post? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally girl! I hope you get to feeling better soon- and about the getting up and walking thing- do that ASAP- makes you feel human again. Trust me. Helps with swelling too.

    Thanks for the site! :)

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyyy, you looook amazing
    this is probably the time when you know for sure it was all worth it
    do you still have to see your OS periodically?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Makay, your smile is amazing! I am so excited for your results! I keep thinking of a question I want to ask, but I also keep forgeting it too....what the heck? Anyway I will write it down next time!
    Cheers to you!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Just beautiful. I am so happy for you!!! Everything gets better from here, so hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful!! I love you!!!!So glad to see that you are getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)