Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swelling.... ugh...


Okay so I have a question... my swelling under my chin has gone up... here look....

2 Days ago...


NOW! WHAT THE HECK???? I thought it was supposed to go down, not up. :P ugghhh

Do you see what I am talking about? There is some slight yellowish bruising there too. Is the swelling there normal? I mean it has just gone up up up... and I thought it was gonna start going down by now... but no luck.


I feel like I have 15 bricks in my face... it is heavy. ugh! haha.

I have an ortho surgeon appt at 12:15, i will let you know how it goes.

-makay

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you see the doctor, today. The swelling should be going down, by now, not getting worse. Let me know what he says. I love you, baby. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a little puffier too...and the bruising now is normal. it's all yellow and gross for a while but hang in there it does go away. You are looking wonderful and soon you'll be looking back on the whole ordeal although I know it seems terrible right now. I don't think i could ever do it again now, knowing what it's like so I really do feel for you right now...you have my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bruising is normal, but call your OS about the swelling. It should be going down by now...unless you didn't keep your head elevated?

    My ortho told me that some of the swelling and bruising will travel down your neck and filter through your nymph nodes too. Hopefully it's just that and nothing too serious.

    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't seem unnatural to me, I kept swelling in terrible ways and bruising in terrible ways for quite a while after surgery. My chin, too, was the worst of the swelling for a long time.

    However, if you're really concerned ask your doctor - that's what they're there for.

    Keep your chin up, it'll start getting much better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)