Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 20!!!

Can someone give me a "Woo WOO!" haha. I am so happy to hit 20... such a legit number! Tomorrow will be my 3 week anniversary- yet lets save that for later... haha.

Today has been one of the best days thus far- I feel human, normal. Wowzer it feels great. :) My friend Wes came over- and I was feeling good and it just was fun fun FUN.


Why yes... he is eating a cupcake- haha.


Anyways so today was really a good day- best so far! :)

Here are your update pics!


The reason I look so "un-done" is because it was a pool day... haha. ;)

So I got some questions to answer! Yay! Let's go!

How much longer do you have to wear braces?
6 months- 1 year... I am hoping closer to 6 months. ;)

I am planning to go back to work at the 3 week mark...I manage a bunch of people so speaking is important how do you feel your speech is improving every day and do you think 3 weeks would be too soon?
My speech is pretty good! And tomorrow is my 3 weeks mark, so I say if you are up to go back to work- DO IT! :) I mean I am talking- like full on conversations. Granted I do have to repeat myself once in a while, but I am doing fine. You can understand basically everything I say. Its just when I get lazy I start to slur... but yeah... I think it is fine.

Are you able to taste food?
FOR SURE! If I couldn't I would die. Okay- exaggeration, but that would be a big stinker! I can taste food and the conclusion I have come to is:

Mashed Potatoes are the BEST!!!! :D ha.

How are you keeping swelling down? And getting it to go down progressively?
Well I take motrin every 6 hours, which helps. I also sleep elevated. Very important... But to be honest that is it.... I wish it would go faster than it is...

Aight. So I hope I answered your questions... and keep leaving them to me in the comments box... I will feature them in the following post! Always do! :)

Glad to help.

So as always... Questions anyone? HAHA...

Love, Makay



3 comments:

  1. How do you eat? I've been eating out of a syringe but it's just so gosh dawn hard and it takes forever! I tried to have meat sauce today and the sauce got caught in the syringe....there were explosions of food happening all over my kitchen today! How do you make it work? How many meals do you eat a day? What does your daily diet consist of? There's some questions for ya!
    I'm happy you had a really good day. Today was sorta frustrating for me. Hoping for better days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "woo WOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look great, baby. You look like you feel so much better. I am so happy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daaang girl! you lookin' goodddd!
    haha but seriously it looks like the swelling is all going down and you look pretty great. And now that you have some pics of your reeeeal smile up you finally look like the real Kyla again! hope you keep doing well! and hopefully we can come visit you soon! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)