Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 16...


Well today has been like yesterday... I mean no difference in the swelling. Which is frustrating me beyond belief. I just pray it goes down soon. ARGH. Anyways...

Update Picture Time...

SMILE TIME! :D


Here is a straight on one... you can really see the swelling on the left I am talking about...

Profile time...

Questions and Answers...


Do you ever feel like your jaw is going back, or is going to fall back to where it was?
No. I mean I have a fear it will over time, but then I look in the mirror and my bite is PERFECT. :)

Did your nose change at all?
Yes. They pushed my top jaw forward 6mm. Thus giving me cheekbones and it slightly widened my nose, and made it look smaller. Here just look at this before and after... can you see what I am saying? I think it is way different, and I LOVE IT! :) It is insane how much it changed, but they really did shift my top jaw.



Are you still taking antibiotics? When did you take them?
I was on antibiotics. To prevent infection and rejection. I took them for 6 days post op... 4 times a day. I am done now though.

Did you feel tension in your jaw to keep it in the splint?
Not really I mean I have to push my teeth into it, but when I relax it is still right there my teeth just come out a little bit- if that makes sense. If you feel like it is a strain to fit into your splint you need to tell your doc.



I wanted to give you guys a video so you can hear my speech... It is pretty bad... haha, but getting better every single day. :)


Leave me some more questions!!!! I am glad to answer! :)

LOVE, makay





4 comments:

  1. Awww, you're so cute in your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you are looking fabulous.Your speech is getting better every day too. I can tell that you have lost more weight,you look great, but dont lose anymore....EAT. Does your swollen side hurt you much? I hope not:(
    Love you
    Ree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, our bites WERE exactly the same...SO crazy!!! :P

    I have a question for ya :)
    Do you have a splint? And if so, how long will you have it for?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a message. :)